The Faculty of Science provides career planning and job search assistance to students and alumni (including those in BMSc degrees). You can start getting ideas on drafting your own career map by downloading the Tip Sheets below.
These guides have tips for each academic year:
- First Year – Draft a Rough Plan (PDF, 123 KB)
- Second Year – Start Filling in the Gap (PDF, 48.5 KB)
- Third Year – Get Your Strategy Together (PDF, 54.9 KB)
- Fourth Year – Implement Your Strategy (PDF, 49.9 KB)
To help you secure employment upon graduation, Science Career Services is here to help. They offer assistance with development of job search skills, resume and cover letter review, building a career network, exposure to visiting employers, career resources, career and job search workshops, and information about potential job opportunities in your field or about the Science Internship Program.
Building a cohesive plan to pursue a career can begin with these first steps:
- Consider your options; see Career Cruising...password in Career Central or email Career Services
- Attend Science Career Events as well as Job and Career Fairs; see the Event Calendar at Career Central
- Apply to the Science Internship Program in your third year